Donald Trump’s comments made during his presidential campaign announcement against Mexicans and Latin immigrants have only continued to snowball.
On Wednesday, Aug. 5, 2015, at the Doral city council meeting, Vice Mayor of Doral, Sandra Ruiz, submitted a motion to denounce Donald Trump and to demand he give back the key to the city, which he received 5 months ago.
Protesters held signs in the chambers declaring, “Trump, You’re Fried,” “I’d vote Voldemort over Trump,” and “Mr. Hate Is Not Welcome.”
Councilman Pete Cabrera requested the protesters to remove their signs from the chambers, stating, “I do not believe that
- 71Here’s the latest entry in the annals of “only in South Florida” lore. The Doral City Council will consider a move to revoke Donald Trump’s symbolic key to the city at its next meeting on Wednesday. Councilwoman Sandra Ruiz is expected to introduce a resolution calling for the move according…
- 49Doral officials will consider a request by community activists to rescind Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump's key to the city. Vice Mayor Sandra Ruiz will present a resolution denouncing Trump's controversial comments about Mexicans. Ruiz, who is of Mexican descent, is expected to make a motion to condemn Trump's remarks…
- 48The Doral City Council will consider a move to condemn Donald Trump for “racist” remarks made during his presidential campaign announcement tonight during a meeting. Councilwoman Sandra Ruiz is expected to introduce a resolution calling for the move according to local political blog Political Cortadito. The proposed move comes on the heels of…
- 45One South Florida city is preparing to take a symbolic stand against republican presidential candidate and resort owner Donald Trump.Photo Credit: NBC
- 36Miami Lakes mayor Michael Pizzi is under investigation again. Wednesday night, during a special meeting called by the city council, it was voted to have an independent investigation into Pizzi's recent...Photo Credit: NBC6.com