- 32The first-ever federal limits on power-plant carbon emissions aim to change the way Americans make and consume electricity and ease climate change.
- 32Consumer demand for credit is rising while big banks lower their standards and raise credit limits.
- 32As Congress was heading for recess late last month, lawmakers passed several important tax changes. But they failed to act on others that are even more important.
- 31Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper ordered the country’s Parliament to be dissolved, kicking off an extended election campaign in which the Conservative leader will vie for a fourth term Oct. 19.
- 31Russia’s economy faces the loss of as much as 9% of its inflation-adjusted value of goods and services if Western sanctions and Moscow’s retaliatory measures remain in place in the medium term.
- 31Germany’s top prosecutor claimed the government was blocking a treason investigation of two prominent bloggers who published classified documents, escalating a fight within the country over the limits of press freedom.